Making a new recipe is becoming habit lately. 😉 I am trying to eat healthy, as long I end up making healthy recipe is good for family. I tried making Veg Empanadas for the first time. I had twist to an original recipe according to what was available in my pantry. I made lettuce wrap and wanted some protein to go as Main course.
What you need below for the recipe:
Ingredients: 1 cup black bean, 1 cup finely chopped green bell pepper, 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes, 1/2 cup cilantro, 1 cup finely chopped onions, 1 cup corn kernels, 2 tbsp Hot taco seasoning, 2 tbsp finely chopped jalapeno, 3 tbsp salsa sauce, salt, pepper, basil, oregano per taste, shredded cheese(optional, I did not add), puff pastry sheets.
- Cut the puff pastry sheet in the shape you like to make Empanadas. I just went with traditional triangle shape. Roll it to make it little bigger.
- Mix well all the ingredients except for the pastry sheets. Stuff the mixture in pastry sheet cutouts and seal the edges.
- Bake for 20 minutes on 375 F by turning the Empanadas half way.
- And its ready to enjoy. I always make mexican salad cum salsa to eat with this.
- For mexican salad, take 1 cup finely chopped fresh avocados, 1/2 cup cilantro, 1 tbsp finely chopped Jalapenos, 1 tbsp lime juice/orange juice fresh, salt and pepper per taste, 1/2 cup finely chopped tomatoes, 1/2 cup finely chopped onions. I prepare this before prepping for Empanadas to let it sit and mix well. My hubby loves this salad to eat with chips or Empanadas as Chutney/ Salsa substitute.
Photos to be updated soon, thank you for visiting here. I hope your family likes the recipe.