Thank you Becky, this post is dedicated to you! Another kind neighbor gave lettuce and tomatoes from her backyard, enough for 5 adults to eat veggie lettuce wrap. My husband took me to PF chang for the first mother’s day and he had me try veg lettuce wrap. It is one of the very healthy and filling recipe. I actually bought jicama to try for salad first time and a day later when I though I will have to stop by HEB to get lettuce to try this recipe, Becky pm’d. Perfect timing, you see! PF Chang uses water chestnuts to make this recipe crunchy but I thought of using Jicama and Bell pepper. This is indeed one of those quick recipe to try at week nights as well. Below is my recipe.
Ingredients: (for 5 adults)
Romaine & leaf lettuce, 2 cups Jicama (finely chopped), 1.5 cups Bell pepper (green, yellow, red, finely chopped), 1/2 cup Green garlic (from our backyard), 1 cup red onions(finely chopped, I wanted to use green onions as well), peanuts (coarsely chopped), 1/2 cup soy sauce, 2 tbsp Chinese chili sauce, 2 tbsp corn starch, 1/2 inch ginger grated, 1 cup Paneer finely chopped (Use Tofu).
- First I finely chopped all the veggies and paneer, keep it aside.
- Then, mix together soy sauce, corn starch, chili sauce and marinate all tofu (I used paneer, as I did not have tofu at home) for 5 minutes.
- Now put 1 tbsp oil in a WOK on a high flame, and add ginger paste. Then add red onions, garlic, bell peppers, jicama.
- Once its cooked for 5 minutes, add marinated paneer with all the sauce and cook it for 5 more minutes.
- Take the wok off the flame and add crushed peanuts on top. The filling is ready.
- Now serve with lettuce and chili sauce according to your style. Below are the photos from my kitchen.
Enjoy the most healthy salad recipe. Thank you for checking my recipe.