Here comes the Veg Chimichangas…. I love it when my pantry is full of groceries and refrigerator is full of fresh Vegetables and Fruits. Its a new year and the recipe has to be healthy… 🙂 We just visited Mexico and ended up trying Veg Chimichangas. The Chef made vegetarian version specially for us as Chimichangas are usually with pork /meat stuffing. I had to try it home and there comes all the inspiration for this Recipe.
- 1 cup wheat flour dough (for Rotli/Chapati)
- 1.5 cups mashed black beans
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 cup Finely chopped capsicum
- 2 tbsp Cilantro
- Salt and pepper per taste
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- Shredded Cheddar cheese (optional)
For Salad Ingredients:
2 cups cooked quinoa, 2 cucumbers, 1 tomato, 1/2 cup beans, 1/2 cup onions, 1/2 cup bell pepper, salt per taste, cilantro, pepper per taste, Feta cheese crumbs and cheddar cheese (optional), 1 medium size avocado chopped
For Avocado verde sauce
1 avocado, 1 jalapeno, 1/2 lemon juice, 3 tbsp milk, handful of cilantro, 1/2 cup water (if like more liquid consistency), salt and pepper per taste.
For Salsa verde sauce:
2 tomatoes, 1/2 bell pepper (use red if color is important), 3 garlic cloves, 1 jalapeno, 1/2 onion, salt and pepper per taste.
How to – Baked Chimichanga?
- Make wheat flour dough if not ready and make 8 parts from it. Roll it in 8 tortillas.
- For the stuffing, take 1 tbsp olive oil, add veggies and sauteed it and at last add beans and spices. Mash the beans at last and can also add cilantro, lemon as well.
- Put the stuffing in tortillas and secure it in a shape you like so stuffing does not come out. You can also use ready made frozen Tortilla land tortilla.
- Now preheat oven at 375 and bake it for 7 minutes and broil it for 2 minutes HI.
How to Salad and Sauces.
For salad, mix everything and add taco seasoning and lemon juice per your taste.
For Avocado sauce, add everything in blender and mix it well.
For Salsa Verde, while you bake chimichanga, bake everything for Salsa verde sauce. Once baked, mix it well in blender and add spices.
You can decorate it per your wish and serve! Cha-Ching..Your Chimichanga is ready to be gulped. 😉 I hope you try this and like it. have fun cooking fellas.